22. Car with a horn and carbide tank which was used
to power the headlights.
From left: John Meinhardt, William Becker, Katherine Becker,
Rudolph Nelson, and Joseph Schumacher.
23. Lunch break for the hot, tired and
dirty threshing crew. Lady in light colored bonnet and child on hip
is Elizabeth Meinhardt. Photo was taken in the field just south of the
current Schumacher home. The house in the background on the
right was the Joe Noll home, while the one in the center back with
the tree was the home in which John Meinhardt lived in 1990-1912,
prior to building his cement home. Man to far left is thought to be
Tony Long, next person is not identified, person leaning on wheel, is
possibly Aloyisius Fessler. Bill Schafer is the man in the foreground
with the white shirt, and Charles Clark is just to the right and rear.
24. Photo taken
from the "south side" of Wien.
Schumacher's house and barn on the far left background. ______cattle
barn in foreground (left) John Becker's General Merchandise Store on the far right at the south
eastern corner of Wien. Schumacker store and church with two
steeples can be seen in the center.
25. Front view of old ______ car with
Digging the cistern for the Wien school.
27. The rear of St. Mary's of the Angel's
Church, showing a close up of the original steeple, as well as the larger
and present steeple.
Of the windows shown in the back, the one on the right was later
bricked up by John Meinhardt and ______ due to uneven settling of
the church and damage to the window casing.
28. Funeral procession to the cemtery
south of Wien.
29. Robert Schumacher, _____, and
Katherine Becker sitting on the Schumacker Store steps.
30. Pals, Robert Schumacher and Katherine Becker.
31. Katherine Becker and little brother,
32. Members of the play. (See photo #1)
33. Hay stacks after harvesting.
34. Robert Schumacher, Katherine Becker,
Anthony Becker, __________. __________.
Florence Schumacher is sitting on the ground.
See next page for more pictures.